Friday, August 8, 2008

Um.... TMI?

One of my tellers allowed me to post this story.

One of my people skills that I use to the fullest at the bank is my ability to put people at ease in my office. I talk like you talk. I lean in my chair like you lean in your chair. I (pretend to) like the things that you like. So when a young twenty-something guy sits in my office and blabs on about how our teller line is hot, I (most likely) won't respond negatively or positively, but I might put on a sly smile and nod slowly. Apparently, some of my customers feel like this gives them license to actually go to the teller line and express said emotions. This has been a particular problem with one of my tellers, who has had 3 or 4 of my customers come up and tell her how beautiful she is, and asked her out, or in the case of one gentleman....well - he began with much of the same, but he continued paddling right up that creek by stating, he "only f***s black girls" and that they should go out some time. I imagine that the conversation must have gone something like this:


Customer - "I'd like to make a deposit."

Teller - "Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that. Do you have a deposit slip ready?"

Customer - "Yes, it's right here."

Teller - "Excellent, let me process that for you."

Customer - "You know, you are a very beautiful girl."

Teller - (awkwardly) "Um... thanks?"

Customer - "And you should know that I only f**k black girls. We should go out sometime. Did you hand me my receipt?"

Teller - "........" (pushes silent alarm)

So folks, just remember that when talking to a teller, keep the conversation PG or you may find that the man in blue next to you may not just be the next customer in line.

1 comment:

Seraion, the Enigmatic Wanderer said...

You need to let me sit in with you one day and view some of this.